TITLE: Education Project Officer – Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD)
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fix term contract
POST STATUS: National position
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: (select only one)
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The Education Project Officer will be responsible for implementing Early Childhood Care and Development (ECCD) project activities for children aged 0-6 in Shanghai. The incumbent will ensure quality program approaches and timely achievement of outcomes through well-coordinated partnerships and team work.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Educaition Project Manager
Budget Responsibilities: According to SOD
The role is the first point of contact for basic information about the ECCD project in Shanghai.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Implement ECCD project activities such as parent/teacher/ECCD facilitator training, curriculum development, and parent-child activities.
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation for the project, including developing the logframe and the monitoring and evaluation plan, visiting project sites on a regular basis to assess progress and provide coaching. Maintain good relationships and regular contact with project partners.
- Update the detailed implementation plan and phased budget for the project.
- Work on logistics, procurement and contracts for the project.
- Manage interns, volunteers and consultants.
- Develop information, education and communication (IEC) materials (e.g. training curriculum and teaching materials) as needed for the project.
- Maintain timely and effective communication with International Technical Advisor, Funding, Finance, Admin, and other departments within the organization for the smooth running of the project.
- Support the project lead to prepare high quality donor reports and funding proposals in English.
- Keep abreast of current ECCD policy and practices at global, national, provincial and local levels.
- Support the effective integration of child rights, child participation and protection principles into projects.
- Comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s child safeguarding and other policies.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Bachelor degree or above
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least one year’s work experience in early childhood care and development, new graduate with relevant internship experience could also be considered.
- Excellent Chinese and English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent personal organisational skills, including time management, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Experience in working with children aged 0-6.
- Proven ability to independently implement project activities.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization and with various stakeholders.
- Willing and be able to travel regularly to project sites within or outside of China.
- Able to carry out all appointed work in a non-political and non-discriminatory manner.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles.
- Willingness and capability to comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to health and safety, security, equal opportunities and other relevant policies, including the Child Safeguarding Policy.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Health and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.