TITLE: Communication Officer
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Campaigns, Communication and Media
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fixed Term
POST STATUS: National
Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
To implement and manage provincial projects and project budgets, to reach the objectives and outcomes set within the proposal and agreed upon with the donor, and support the team in implementation of the related project thematic program plan.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Head of Campaigns, Communication and Media
Staff reporting to this post: N/A
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
- Develop or implement engaging-campaign across different digital channels, identifying communication opportunities for proactively or reactively responses, and ensure unified messaging to deliver project goals.
- Plan, create and execute compelling original content for projects - with a strong focus on owned media inculing official website, Weibo, Wechat, Douyin, Kuaishou optimization and amplifying projects’ outcomes.
- Use internal multimedia materials to create compelling, socially driven stories.
- Remain ahead of social media trends and develop or lead supplier to create and execute innovative social media strategies.
- Liaise with external suppliers to develop and produce creative material.
- Ensure branding and style compliance across all materials.
- Offer administrative support to the communications team in tracking product and material deadlines.
- Provide event support by liaising with outside vendors and partners to make sure logistics are properly executed. Track expenses, maintain a budget and ensure timely payment of vendors.
- Work collaboratively across teams to support project team to deliver high quality results.
- To represent SCI externally, actively networking to promote SC perspectives and building relationships that facilitate operations and bring into the organisation new insights on issues affecting children.
- To comply with the requirements of Save the Children’s child safeguarding and other policies.
- To perform such other tasks and responsibilities as may be required from time to time in order to ensure the smooth running of the team.
BEHAVIOURS (Values in Practice)
- holds self accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- good communication and wrting skills to complete case stories interview and writing
- holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- willing to take disciplined risks.
honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Marketing, English, literature, journalism
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Good strategic, research and analytical abilities
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects and to meet tight deadlines, including a flexible mindset regarding working hours;
- Able to work independently and thrive on bringing creativity and new thinking to the job.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration.
- Commitment to the mission, principles and values of Save the Children;
- Excellent written and oral English.
- Open for fresh graduate with relevant internship experience
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Flash, Adobe InDesign.
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Child protection and Safety
The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Child protection and Safety policies and procedures.